Friday 7 May 2010

No Comment





I'm itching to comment on today's election results and the current standing of the parties but, as Marion and I no longer own shares in Instanta, I don't feel justified in putting forward political opinions on the blog. What a pity as I could rattle on for ages on the subject. I can say that I stayed up late to watch the results come in and I found the whole thing fascinating. As I write, David Cameron has announced that he will be making an announcement soon and I look forward to hearing what he has to say. The sooner we have something positive the better and we at Instanta can all carry on busting the recession as we have been doing for some time.



Good luck to all the players in the Guardian Pick The Score competition which finishes with Sunday's Premier League matches. There's no question who is going to win our Instantasports league. Max Vidal has walked away and is in an unassailable position (and might even win the Guardian's top prize). I am still vying with Jenny for second place although it will take a miracle for me to catch her and both Tony Lowe from our stores and Mike Chubbs for our machine shop have a chance to overtake me. The Instanta team has been fairly poor in the team events and we are languishing at 408th. It's a great competition and it's free to enter. Give it a try next season.

It's nice to be appreciated but it doesn't happen too often.We are always striving to provide excellent service and send out most of our boilers and most of our spare parts on the day that they are ordered. Tony Lowe in our spares department just showed me a fax from a satisfied customer "Tap Received 7/5. What excellent service- unusual to find today! Many thanks" . Well may thanks to you customer. It's always good to be praised.



We haven't managed to get our regular Orange Wednesday cinema trip for a few weeks although we did go to the cinema on Saturday to see The Ghost. It was a good film although I honestly don't think that it merited the rave reviews that it got in the papers. Next week I quite fancy seeing the new Chris Morris film Four Lions. I'm not 100% sure about the subject matter (a comedy about suicide bombers)but I do admire Morris' stuff. I also quite fancy The Disappearance of Alice Creed. However, as Southport's Vue tends to favour blockbusters, neither is showing and we'll probably be stuck with Hot Tub Time Machine.

I'll close this week with someone who didn't take the election too seriously.






No comments:

Post a Comment