Tuesday 18 May 2010

Take An Online Diet And Lose Pounds




Finding myself suddenly considerably overweight (no doubt due to drinking too much wine to alleviate stress), I took the plunge and enrolled on an online diet this weekend. It worked wonders as I've lost seventy pounds already. But that was just the fee. Anyway, it starts today and I've had my first breakfast which was two weetabix, two boiled eggs, an orange and two slices of bread which seems like a pretty big breakfast so maybe this diet won't be such a big thing. For lunch I've got pitta bread with two tablespoons of low fat hummus some lettuce, a tomato and a banana and tonight it's chicken with brown rice. Don't worry I won't fill the blog with a daily report of what I am eating.The photo of me presenting Max with his prize on last week's blog provided the incentive and perhaps I will show some photos of how I'm progressing if the diet works. If it does, I'll tell you which website I am using.



Hats off to The Mail on Sunday for its expose of FA Chairman Lord Triesman. In these days of declining newspaper circulations what do you do to lift flagging sales? You publish a story that is likely to scupper a football loving nation's chance to host the world cup. A bid that has probably cost millions to prepare and involved thousands of man hours. And what's more you publish it a day or two after Triesman and David Beckham present the bid in a blaze of worldwide publicity. If the story had any legs and there was any evidence of Russian and Spanish corruption then it might have been worth running but all they have is an old bloke showing off to a (presumably younger)woman in what he thought was a private conversation. I'm not that bothered about football at the moment after Liverpool's dreadful season but I know a lot of people who are and I really don't think that the Mail group will have made many friends with this one.



After a brief foray into selling on eBay last month I am having another try this time and have got eleven items ready to start on Thursday evening I felt that last month was a small success although some good sales were diluted by a couple of break even ones and one loss maker. It's a lot of work and when you take off the PAYPAL and eBay fees, I am not that sure how profitable it is. I still love looking for antiques to buy but selling them is a bit of a grind. Perhaps when I retire in November it will be more fun.



We should get a chance to get to our Orange Wednesday trip to the local VUE again this week (definitely no hot dog and glass of wine while the diet is running). Although there are a few films we would like to see, none of them is showing locally (the curse of the multiplex blockbuster mentality)so we may be stuck with Hot Tub Time Machine. It had fairly good reviews and I love the eighties but it is scraping the barrel when this is all that's on.

I'll finish today with a surfing sheep. Why? Because I can.


1 comment:

  1. You sound like you have a healthy diet, just throw some exercise into the mix and you'll be doing great. You don't need to go to crazy there, a simple half an hour walk after dinner every other night will be sufficient.

    ReplyDelete