Friday 2 July 2010

Such An Important Date Tomorrow






It was thirty years ago tomorrow that Marion and I became parents for the first time. Our lovely daughter Sarah arrived in the world and we were overjoyed. It hardly seems five minutes ago. So much has happened in those thirty years and Sarah has gone from being a beautiful baby to a beautiful young woman. She was a great dancer as a child and has always been very good with numbers (don't know where that comes from) so it was no surprise that she was successful in getting two Maths based degrees at St Andrews University and is now a maths teacher in Cupar. Marion and I are both hoping that she has a wonderful 30th and are sorry that we won't be sharing the day with her.





I am sure that our head of welding Craig Peach won't mind Sarah stealing his limelight as Craig is today celebrating his 35th birthday. Keen Southport FC supporter Craig joined Instanta as a sixteen year old and nineteen years later he is still with us. Craig is planning to celebrate his birthday this evening with a family meal out in Churchtown. He's very much a family man and he and his partner Dawn have two daughters of their own. Dannika is fifteen and Georgia is eleven.Craig shares my interest in antiques and enjoys trying to find bargains at local events. Have a great celebration Craig.



After losing my World Cup gambling kitty when Germany,Spain and France lost in the first round I changed my betting away from football and concentrated on Big Brother a subject on which my son Paul (who works in the industry)is somenthing of an expert. Acting on Paul's tip I put all my money on Irish student Caoihme in the hope that her then long odds would shorten. Unfortunately it appears that she has been chosen for eviction tonight and with her odds to go at just 1.16:1 on Betfair it would seem that I am going to have to wait until X Factor or the start of the new football season before I have another flutter.

Our ace local photographer Peter Raymond often supplies me with funny titbits for the blog and he emailed me this video yesterday. And to think I always associated Old Spice with dull.


No comments:

Post a Comment