Thursday 4 November 2010

Let The Accolades Commence



I said that I planned to devote my last few weeks here to mentioning those who have helped contribute to Instanta's success over the last twenty years and I would like to start by mentioning local photographer Peter Raymond. Peter has been taking photographs for Instanta for the last five years and many people have commented upon the quality of the shots in our promotional material. Photographing shiny stainless steel boilers is not the simplest thing to do and Peter has been fastidious and a true perfectionist who always strives to achieve the best possible results. Look at any of Peter's photos and you won't find any unsightly reflections, incorrect shadows or smudges anywhere. He is an excellent all round photographer and, as you can see from his business card above, he is not a one trick pony and has far more than just industrial photography in his repertoire. Peter shares my love of The Pogues, The Archers and everything good on Radio 4 and we are on a similar wavelength on the social conscience front.Thanks for your excellent work Peter. I wish you every success for the future and will always look out for your Tweets on Twitter. Follow him @PeteRayUK


I don't know if Peter shares my love of The Apprentice but last night's episode was the best of the season so far. Alex Epstein pictured above with the beautiful but inaptly named Paloma (she's a long way from being a symbol of peace) somehow managed to stay in the show for yet another week despite exhibiting the entrepreneurial nous of a potato and speaking in the best apprentice speak possible (he's a "guru" who will make Lord Sugar billions). Mind you that's probably why he's still there. It is, after all, entertainment.


Which reminds me to remind you not to miss Paul's A League Of Their Own tonight at 10pm on Sky1 and Sky1HD. It's another double billing tonight with Amanda Holden, Kevin Pietersen, Joe Calzaghe and Patrick Kielty. It's bound to be funny although how on earth are they going to top John Bishop in spangly hot pants last week? I'm sure that they'll have a good stab at it.


I got home from work too late for the gym tonight so I'm going to have a go on the Wii fit for an hour. Not sure if I should as it keeps telling me that despite losing almost three stone I am still overweight and should be 11 stone (in which case I would be skin and bones). It also shows my Wii Mi figure as a very rotund fatty and then, to add further insult to injury, tells me that my Wii Age is no less than 73. Wait until I get that new hip, I'll give it 73.

Thought it might be nice to close with a song that Peter might enjoy. I certainly will.

No comments:

Post a Comment