Friday 11 December 2009

It's Party Night



Yes, tonight's our Xmas works' party night and this year we are going to the Floral Hall in Southport for a big Abba tribute party. It should be a great night (it cost enough)and there are thirty two employees and friends who are sure to make it an unforgettable evening for the Floral Hall staff. Unfortunately me and Marion are off to London at 7a.m tomorrow so we won't be staying to the end tonight. I think we can be forgiven as we are off to see our son Paul having not seen him since last Christmas.



Last night we had a very pleasant evening at the Warehouse Brasserie in Southport. Our next door neighbour Vincent took us out together with his sister and her husband and another friend. Vincent's companions are a little older than us but we found that we had plenty to talk about. One of the party, Margaret is an MBE and it was fascinating to hear her story of her investiture at the Buckingham Palace.She won her award for her work on the Home Watch scheme and was astonished to find that the security at Buckingham Palace didn't come up to her expectations.



The Internet is a wonderful thing isn't it? A blog reader from India asked me if I could help him to get a ticket for a match at Anfield as he had won a trip to the UK and was a big Liverpool fan. So there I was on Wednesday night meeting a complete stranger who had come all the way from India. And did he turn up? Of course he did and a very nice lad he was too. That's what you call a real fan. I hope you enjoyed it Ram even though we didn't get the result. Email me a photo when you get back to India.



And on Sunday I'm taking another complete stranger to Anfield to watch Liverpool play Arsenal. I got chatting to fellow Reds fan Greg on the Harper Collins authonomy website. We're both budding authors and have uploaded our books onto the site (his is doing a lot better than mine). I mentioned that I had a spare ticket for the Arsenal game and he jumped at the chance to see the match as he moved away from Liverpool some time ago and hasn't been to a live match for some time.His book's about a psychopathic serial killer. Hmmmmm. Actually he seems like a nice bloke.

As the time counts down to the part, here's a song to put everyone in the party mood. This link was recommended to me by our good friend Amanda from City Servicing. I can see why Amanda, being an Eastender, liked this, Bob Dylan does Knees up Mother Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment