Thursday 4 December 2008

Don't Speak Too Soon



Just as I breathed a sigh of relief that the damage inflicted on sheet metalworker Gary Rodwell's eye by my errant kicking of the ball during Tuesday night's five a side, was minor , I got the news that Gary (far right above) has no vision in that eye today. He has been to the doctor who has diagnosed bleeding behind the eye and signed him off for a week. If it is not clear by then, an operation may be necessary. I feel really bad about that and am keeping my fingers crossed that he will be ok. I am sure that everyone at Instanta will join me in wishing him a very speedy return to full vision.

I was disappointed to see that YouTube is making plans to sanitise its content and remove profanities etc. I think the following YouTuber's comments are pretty succinct and echo my feelings on the matter.





Betting on IACGMOOH has been a disaster. My usual policy of betting against the early favourite has worked against me as Joe Swash remains favourite with one day left so, barring a miracle I will lose out this time. I can cut my losses by betting against either George or Martina depending upon which one survives tonight. If both manage to pull through I should come through relatively unscathed but if the final three are David Van Day, Swash and one other I will lose. Serves me right for betting blind on this as I can't stand the programme and haven't watched it. Never mind I'm still in a winning position on X Factor and we've got Celebrity Big Brother soon!

This morning I did a statistical summary of the warranty work carried out in the last 12 months and am pleased to see that the number of jobs has remained steady despite an increase in boilers under guarantee. However it is interesting to see that our typical sub contractor's charge has risen by more than double the rate of inflation.


No comments:

Post a Comment