Tuesday 16 December 2008

Good Luck To Workhouse




Marion and I went to the grand opening of the new studio at Workhouse Creative Marketing in Ribchester yesterday. Mark Jones (above) and his wife Nita have created a superb add-on to their design studio.This new building incorporates a massive infinity screen photographic studio,a green screen set up, a studio set and many further facilities. In addition they have taken on a hugely talented young photographer for in house work. As you can see from my photo above, that photographer has no competition from me (something to do with the green screen washing it out). Marion and I would like to wish Mark & Nita every success with this bold venture. Workhouse are a brilliant design studio and come highly recommended. If you've seen our latest brochure you will see why. Check them out here

Back at Instanta we are keenly awaiting some good news. It seems like an eternity since anything nice happened. Yesterday the Guardian published a letter from me in which I railed at the way in which administrators are selling goods off at knock down prices. This stuff is often not paid for and it really rubs salt into the wound when suppliers see their goods sold off cheaply and the proceeds going to secured creditors (banks). It is also painful to see the Inland Revenue & VAT take preference over unsecured suppliers when the companies are finally liquidated.



Oh I forgot, there was one bit of good news. Alexandra won X Factor and I won £107. I thought it was too close to call as, although Alexandra was clearly better than JLS , I thought that JLS might have edged it as they have been very popular (I know Lauren and Marion both voted for them plenty of times) and they did have a great image. I left the bets so that it would be £107 even if it was the atrocious Eoghan. Won a couple of pounds on Chris Hoy winning SPOTY and I am now playing around on the Sunderland Manager market. Expecting the next Blackburn Manager market to be up and running soon. Might have a little flutter on Strictly on Saturday.



It's great to see Liverpool top of the league. Chelsea are still hot favourites but like us they are finding it hard to win at home.In fact a lot of teams have a better away record than home record this season. A win at the Emirates on Sunday would be massive.

Starting to get into the Christmas spirit I found this video at home the other day when we were digging out the decorations. I made it 26 years ago so that toddler Sarah could watch her favourite Chicaboo and Teddy on tv.


No comments:

Post a Comment