Tuesday 9 December 2008

A Visit From CaterQuotes



This morning we were delighted to welcome Stuart Campbell Managing Director of the UK Division of CaterQuotes pictured above with our Sales Director Nick Neal. Stuart gave an enlightening talk on the CaterQuotes Computer Software that is taking the industry by storm and very informative it was too. The system helps catering equipment suppliers to prepare complex and detailed quotes in a fraction of the time taken historically and in a highly professional format. We are pleased to be included in the manufacturers using CaterQuotes and you can find out more about it by clicking here



I just had a look at the details of the wonderful interest rate collar that we had to take out when we bought our building in May. Looks like we are now working on a margin above a base rate of 6.25%. Wonderful when base rate is actually 2%. But we can always cancel the deal. The cost? A mere £85,000. Now that's not a collar. That's a noose.



Marion had a huge backlog of work on her desk and came into the office early this morning to try and clear it. So I brought a bowl of porridge in for her when I came in. I had to drive carefully as I didn't want a boiling mess all over the car. It's brilliant that Oats So Simple. It makes perfect porridge every time and is just a two minute job. So much better than the old days, a pan, a stove and a stodgy lumpy mess.

As we start the countdown to Christmas I can't get over the number of people we meet who are being made redundant. Every day someone comes into the spares counter and tells us the bad news. The cashiers at the bank told me that there were loads cashing their final pay cheques last Friday and yesterday I went to get some Xmas decorations from the Pier and they are in administration. My son Paul was talking to me about this last weekend and he said "It's a cycle isn't it? You'll remember it happening like this before". Well, much as I am fond of spinning the "When I was a lad" line. I had to say "No". I really can't remember anything like it. Perhaps they all had those wonderful interest rate collars. It's no surprise that bankers have replaced wicked stepmothers in most of the pantos this year.

As we prepare for our Christams Karaoke lunch thoughts turn to what the hell have I let myself in for. It seems that traditionally the boss has to do the first turn. It's a good job we aren't having it in Sandakan Borneo. I don't know if you read it but a bloke was stabbed to death on Saturday for hogging the mic. I think its more likely that he was singing one of Eoghan Quigg's songs. Anyway I won't be going for the Karoake classics like My Way or You'll Never Walk Alone. Think I'll stick with something short, sweet and topical. Like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment