Monday 8 June 2009

I Wish I Did Know Greg Pritchard But Sadly I Don't


The blog hit counter went into overdrive last week with my best ever number of visits by a mile. I have had many hundreds of visitors to the blog in June and I was, obviously , made up with the surge in numbers. Were they fellow BNP haters sympathising with my views? Maybe Apprentice lovers who rued the day James left as much as I did. Or perhaps even people who want to buy a water boiler and have finally realised that there is no sensible alternative to Instanta. So I had a look at who had been visiting and how they got here. (We know who you are Lincat and Marco). OK so there were a few fellow Billy Britt mockers and one or two who were searching for boilers but far and away the most visitors were reading about how me met the wonderful Britain's Got Talent star Greg Pritchard when he was a waiter at the Celtic Manor Hotel. Now I don't know how the tale of our meeting with Greg reads to you but as far as I am concerned I just told the story that I overheard one of the waitresses mentioning that Greg was going to appear on BGT, I asked him all about it, got the autograph (not the T Shirt) and went to bed. A pretty unremarkable story if truth is to be told. However, this has been so misconstrued that I have now become the gateway to Greg. One who knows Greg. I may even know more about Greg than his mum and dad if the emails are to believed. I have had requests to pass on best wishes and much more but sadly I don't know Greg. He seems like a lovely bloke and I want him to be the biggest thing since Elvis (after all I have got not one but two autographs from his waiting on days) but I'm really sorry to disappoint all you Greg fans. I don't know him. But hey. You are all very welcome and you never know, one day you might need a super boiler for making hot drinks. (PS Marion says anyone want to buy one of the autographs towards son Paul's wedding fund?). - Just kidding.

Two birthdays today at Instanta. Firstly an important 50th celebration for Martin Rimmer who heads up our wiring department. Martin has worked for Instanta for 26 of his fifty years and has an exemplary attendance record having less time off in 26 years than some have had in one. Being somewhat (extremely) shy Martin has declined to have his photo taken for the blog this year although he did appear last time and his photo was included in our blog dogs and birthdays this time last year



The second birthday is Kevin Marshall's 38th. It has been an eventful year for Kevin with new baby Sophie arriving just a few weeks ago and his promotion to head of the Sheet Metal department after his predecessor was found with his hands in the brass swarf. Kev has coped well with the pressure that both these changes brought and our sheet metal department is running as smoothly as ever. We wish him all the very best for the day.

Our thoughts go out today to our very dear friend Jane Haworth. Jane, whose cousin Sue worked for Instanta in 2008, has lost her mum after a short illness. Marion and I are thinking of you Jane and hope that you and your dad get plenty of support at this difficult time.



It was only a little field mouse but it was definitely a mouse that scurried across my view when I was having a glass of wine in the conservatory last night.The mouse was outside but Marion was looking up Pied Pipers in the Yellow Pages within a few seconds of the sighting.I blame it on all the bird feeding we've been doing lately. You've heard of the gastronomic delights of The Fat Duck? Well weve got the fat pigeon, the fat blackbird and even the fat blue tit in our garden. The pigeons are stuffing themselves so much that I think that the next step in their evolution will be the loss of flight. Why fly when you can waddle around John and Marion's garden and stuff your face to your heart's content.Anyway I think that the little field mouse may have heard about the free feasting available here and before he brings his mates along I am off to the hardware shop for a couple of traps. Don't worry, I'm not getting one of those traditional little nipper things that leave mouse brains all over the lino, I'm going for one of those humane ones that keep the mouse alive until you set it free (preferably not just as the cat is waking from his afternoon nap).



Blimey I was getting so carried away writing about mice, birthdays and Greg Pritchard that I almost forgot today's special offer. Today's offer is the CT2000 Today's special June offer will run until 10am on Tuesday 9th June. Until then you can buy the super CT2000 boiler for the very special price of £485. That means a saving of £52 or almost 10%.To qualify for this special price, orders must reach Instanta no later than Tuesday 9th June at 10 am and must quote the reference
blog offer 080609.



So it's all over and Yasmina is Surallan's new apprentice.After perfect Kate presented her delicious chocolates I thought she would walk it especially after Yasmina came up with strawberry and basil flavoured choc. I always thought that Yasmina's restaurant would be the stumbling block for a win but perhaps Sir Alan saw something of the young Sir A in her and Kate was just a bit too good to be true.If all those straight A's and the first class degree are correct then she should have no trouble finding a top job.Last year's Lee McQueen (he of the reverse pterodactyl fame) has recently had success in winning a major deal for his boss. It has not been the best series of "The Apprentice" and the format has looked a little tired at times. It will be interesting to see how the 16/17 year old candidates being sought for next year brighten up proceedings. The adult version certainly needs a bit of a facelift. I'll leave you with Sir Alan's best bits.






No comments:

Post a Comment