Saturday 20 June 2009

Sabotaging Polls The Latest Fun Internet Activity



I am indebted to ace photographer Peter Raymond for pointing me in the direction of the most ridiculous Internet poll being run by The Daily Mail (surprise surprise). The question was about gypsies getting priority on the NHS (should the NHS allow Gypsies to jump the queue?) and had been picked up by a twitterer who suggested that everyone should vote YES. By the time I registered my vote a massive 93% had done the same.By the time I got to writing this, the poll had mysteriously disappeared from the Mail website although the wonderful Richard Littlejohn's article that prompted the poll is still there. Never mind; there are plenty of other stupid polls for you to vote on and you can do so by clicking here So far I have cast my vote in favour of Mail hates wheelie bins and more control by Europe but sadly the Mail is showing signs of being undemocratic and taking down polls that aren't heading the way of their editorials. I'm looking forward to voting in favour of asylum seekers next. I know its all a bit childish and just like when I go onto the Man United and Everton websites and vote for their absolutely worst players for "Man of the Match" just as I am sure that United and Everton fans go on Liverpool's and vote for Lucas.



Last Friday night I managed to lose a few quid by betting on Big Brother without watching it and turned out to have backed people who had already left, so this week I have taken it more seriously and bet £100 by looking at the Digital Spy favourites poll. (Oh my God! Let's hope it hasn't been sabotaged by Betfair players or Daily Mail readers seeking revenge). I won't know for a few weeks yet as I think it's August when the winner is announced.



Speaking of winners I was thrilled to see a woman (and an American at that) winning Mastermind last night with an amazing score of 30 points. I got thirty right myself but I had six contestants worth of questions to answer.Well done Nancy Dickmann and sorry for posting this the only photo of you I could find (it was on Facebook). I'm sure that if I had waited to post this there would have been hundreds of photos on the web. After all that effort and four months of competition what did Nancy win? An engraved bowl.She should try "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" next.



I jumped the gun the other day when I congratulated the powers that be in Iran for agreeing to a recount. It didn't happen.


Marion is off to visit daughter Sarah in Edinburgh today. I'm sure that they will have a wonderful day and I'm sorry that I won't be looking around the shops with them.It's sad that with a daughter in St Andrews and a son in London we get few opportunities to see the kids nowadays.At least neither has emigrated yet.I'll finish today with a video dedicated to son Paul and his fiancee Josephine who are planning to get married next year.







No comments:

Post a Comment