Monday 22 June 2009

There's No Green Option With A Merc





In about eight weeks I have to hand the keys to my beautiful Merecedes CLS back to the local dealer and walk away holding back the tears. I'm not a car lover and don't know a spark plug from a carburettor but I do love this car. It has been a pleasure to drive and a joy to own. But all good things must come to an end and my conscience has been niggling away at me for the past three years. Instanta's hard earned and fully justified green credentials have been somewhat tarnished by my gas guzzling and somewhat hypocritical vehicle choice and it's time to redress the balance. Sadly there's no green or electric option with Mercedes and none of their cars could in any way be described as being green unless you're talking about the colour.



So how about the Teslar Roadster? This electric vehicle is due over here soon but, as sexy as it looks, I haven't arrived at the male menopause just yet and, to be honest, the reviews were far from enthusiastic.





So it looks like a toss up between these two.The Toyota Prius and the Honda Insight. Both have impeccable green credentials and both have a £15 road tax and no London Congestion charge. Both have an mpg approaching 60 and neither looks too bad.Is it just me or do you think that there has been a bit of copying here? Both these look incredibly similar. It will all boil down to features and a test drive.I'm starting to forget the Merc already.



Here's son Paul and his fiancee Josephine with the Black Farmer's daughter at the weekend's Taste Food Festival in Regent's Park.The couple had a great afternoon sampling the delights on offer and were one of the Black Farmer's daughter's first customers. Great brand name that. Don't know how it would go down in the States where there must be thousands of black farmers but it seems that ,over here, he's the only one.



Marion and I are taking our fellow board members for lunch at the Warehouse today. I don't seem to get the chance to chat here at the office and whenever we have board meetings it's all work, work, work so I thought that it might be good to allocate a bit of time to less business orientated conversation. No doubt we'll end up talking about all the staff. Just kidding if any of you are reading this.We'll only be talking about Craig.



Our special June offer today is 10% off the HCC60 heated cup carousel. This bargain price of just £562.50 is valid until 12 noon tomorrow 23rd June 2009 and to qualify orders must reach us by then and MUST quote reference blog offer 220609.



I'll leave you with a song for the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment