Monday 15 June 2009

Whatever Happened To Huge Instanta Sales?




I'm on a bit of a roll at the moment. Writing "Whatever happened to swine flu?" ended up with a pandemic being announced a week later. "Whatever happened to the barbecue summer?" left us with a glorious weekend so "Whatever happened to huge Instanta sales?" has to guarantee a bumper crop of orders in June. I only just wrote that and an order for 12 boilers came out of the FAX. Midas touch or what? I could be on to something here. "Whatever happened to instant weight loss?" Let's wait and see.



A new face in the office this morning. Here's assembly worker Lee Moore fresh from his 30th birthday last week. Young mum Natalie Drummond is missing baby Olivia and has decided to leave us soon. When Lee heard about it he asked if he could have a taster of life in the office to see if there might be an opening for him. After spending an hour with me trying to explain bank statements he could be forgiven for deciding it's not for him but he actually kept up very well with my somewhat speedy tuition style. Marion is now going through the banking with him and he has answered a few phone calls. It's a beautiful day and the rest of the assembly team are enjoying their weekly day off (it's a four day week in the factory) so Lee should have a good idea by the end of the day if office life's for him.



The Sous Vide equipment is rolling off the production line and is selling like hot cakes or should I say like hot water baths. It's hardly surprising. A hell of a lot of research and development went into these units and, as you can see, they look brilliant. If we loaned a unit to every distributor that chefs have asked for a trial we would have to shift production up a gear. We are loaning a few out but the trials can only be for a few days as the demand is overwhelming.



Today's special offer is 10% off the DB2000. This superb push button unit was launched last year and has already become a favourite for self service. The unique locking feature has also made it a big hit with prisons and high security units. To qualify for this offer of £675 instead of £750 (a £75 saving) orders must reach Instanta by 5pm on Tuesday 16th June 2009 and MUST quote blog offer 150609





I learned an interesting lesson on Friday night. Internet gambling,wine and ignorance are best not mixed. I had a small flutter on "Big Brother" before going to bed. Only a couple of quid on three housemates whose odds were so high that they could only come down in weeks to come. I only saw the BB opening night and had no idea what had been going on last week. When I got up on Saturday and soberly checked how things were going I discovered that all three of my picks had already left the house!



I got home from work on Friday and the humane mouse trap was shut. That was a bit nerve wracking. So I gingerly picked it up and listened. Not a sound. So I drove to the park and wandered not at all self consciously into some long grass (avoiding curious glances from passers by who probably thought I was a pervert spying on the kiddies playground). I held the trap just above the ground and pulled off the cap to shake out......... cheese! I'd just driven to the park to release a lump of cheddar.Check the blog out for next week's installment when I will be releasing a dollop of Gorgonzola.

I'll finish today with the new art exhibition at Bristol museum. In case you haven't heard about it (I'm sure you will have)the curator of the museum allowed urban artist Banksy to take over the whole place and mount his own show. I'm not sure about Banksy. The show certainly looks like being a lot of fun but Banksy pieces are now changing hands for six figure numbers (Brad and Angelina are amongst his supporters)and I have to ask if urban art has now sold out?






No comments:

Post a Comment