Monday 4 January 2010

10:10 Our Commitment Starts Now




In an attempt to do our bit for global warming, Marion and I are now proud owners of a Toyota Prius. We've only had it for a few days and have only driven some short journeys but it looks like it's going to give us some good fuel consumption figures. One thing that is very noticeable is the engine noise (or lack of it). When driving on the battery the car is virtually silent. One thing that attracted me to the car was the automatic parking assist which allows the car to reverse park itself (if you've ever seen my attempts at reverse parking you will know what an asset this could be). Only problem is I can't work out how to use it yet. I'll have a practice in the car park here later and see if I can manage.



How things have changed. I remember Christmases past when the kids were eagerly anticipating the arrival of Father Christmas with all the latest gadgets whilst sad old mum and dad got something for the kitchen. This year the tables were completely turned with Sarah and Paul buying us a Nintendo Wii whilst we were giving them stuff for their kitchens. The Wii is good but you have to stand well clear of Marion or a black eye is a real possibility.



Shortly before we shut down for the Christmas break I reported that buyer Gavin had proposed to his partner Julie but illustrated the news with an inappropriate photo of Gav in shorts outside a beach bar. But now we've got something a bit more like it. Here are the happy couple in front of a romantic Caribbean sunset. What a glamorous pair they make.



Marion and I came into the office during the holidays. Marion tidied up the books whilst I wrote a newsletter that we're sending out very soon. It's all about prices for 2010. They come into effect on 1st March. We've managed to keep the increases to a minimum and any big price hikes will be matched by a corresponding improvement in features. From 1st March our CT and WM range will offer programme upgrades that will be in keeping with the 10:10 initiative. We'll tell you more soon.Here is a sneak preview of the prices. There are a few gaps, it's a work in progress.



It's freezing today. I hope the car park is not too icy to try the parking assist. And I hope the Prius holds the road better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment