Friday 8 January 2010

A Chip Off The Old Block?





Like father like son they say don't they? But when I visited my son and his lovely fiancee Josephine on Tuesday and asked her to show me what Paul had bought her for Christmas I found that I had been outdone. All that I had bought for Marion was this pottery cat albeit a very nice vintage one made by the famous Wemyss pottery and decorated by the leading artist Joseph Nekola but, Josephine, after showing me the wonderful inlaid rosewood regency box that Paul had given her, went on to tell me about this dress.



Not only is it a beautiful vintage dress but it also happens to be one of those beautiful vintage dresses that once belonged to Audrey Hepburn that were auctioned to great publicity in London last month. And the dress is just the right size for Josephine (a huge Hepburn fan).My excuse? Marion is too tall, honest.



We were in London to, amongst other things, talk about how their wedding plans are going. It's only five or six weeks now. I'm sure that Paul won't outshine us on that front. We had a wonderful wedding at Rainham Town Hall and a fabulous reception in the local scout hut. The sausages on sticks were to die for. Beat that sunshine.



Meanwhile at Instanta, office assistant Lee Moore has been busily organising this year's Instanta golf tournament.It is usually played on a Monday when the shift pattern allows the lads in the factory to play but this year we've got three golfers in the office and we can't afford for all of them to be off on the same day so Lee has arranged a great event for a weekend. He's put a tremendous effort into doing it and I think that they are going to have a memorable time.



At the moment I am wishing that we were back in the days when we were using phones like this. Since we came back from the holidays we have been inundated with callers telling us that they can't get through by phone or fax on our main numbers which are operated by a hi tech VOIP switchboard. Our service providers are treating it as urgent but we don't like being told that our number is "not recognised". If you do have this problem please try our direct numbers on the website.

It's my mum's 84th birthday today. We are going to go to the pictures to see the New Meryl Streep movie "It's Complicated". The reviews are glowing so I'm sure that mum will love it. I know that those customers who remember her from her days at Instanta will join us in wishing her a very happy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment