Tuesday 19 January 2010

Blue Monday. How was it for you?

You have probably read about that scientist who came up with a formula that proved that yesterday was officially the worst day of the year. It seems that this third Monday in January is a totally depressing day for millions and everyone is fed up. Well I was quite upbeat as I had bought a lovely antique Chinese bowl on eBay to add to my collection and was quite looking forward to its arrival.
And then it arrived.




And then I read that the Toyota Prius is now the favoured car of a leading Premiership footballer. That's great news. Football stars following my lead but then I read on to find out who this green Eco warrior footballer is and discover that it's none other than Gary Neville. Gary Neville! Isn't he the one with the chant "He hates scousers"? Yes. So there's my lift from that news gone.


So I took Marion along to see the new George Clooney film "Up in the air".In keeping with the Blue Monday theme I thought that this might not live up to the billing but I was pleasantly surprised and we both enjoyed the film very much. There are some great performances from Clooney and his co star, the beautiful Vera Farmiga, and the film gave us the lift that meant that Blue Monday wasn't blue at all.



And it certainly isn't a blue Tuesday. I just did the figures for December and I'm pleased to say that our figures for the first four months of the financial year are significantly better than the figures for the same period last year. And Craig tells me that he reckons today has been his best ever day for orders on the sales desk so with Blue Monday behind us we can move on towards happy days.

I'll finish today with the boys in blue. You'll have already seen it but I have to make a comment. These blokes have done more to improve the public's perception of the police force than any amount of PR. And what do they get for it? A dressing down from the boss.



No comments:

Post a Comment