Friday 29 January 2010

Anybody Speak Chinese?

來給你加油打氣!!!保重!!! .........................................

This was a comment that was made on the blog yesterday.No idea who the sender was but it's nice to know that my blog is being read in such far flung places. I said in my heading "Anyone speak Chinese?" as I would love to know what my Oriental reader said. But then I remembered that I've got the Internet of course and with the Internet you can find the answer to everything (except tomorrow's lottery results that is) and after a few minutes browsing, hey presto I discover that it means something like "Best wishes" or "To bring you good cheer". So thank you mystery Chinese person and the same to you too. They drink a lot of tea in China. Interested in buying any boilers?




Apart from writing the blog of course, I am spending all my time working flat out with those wonderful people from Workhouse Marketing of Ribchester who are designing our new brochure. The brochure runs to over 24 pages and is our best yet. It will include a fold out flap at the back that will allow users to check out the performance figures whilst looking at the boiler details. Nick has been asking me to have it printed on nicer paper but if we are going to be green we are going to be green so it's got to be ethically sourced so if it means a few fingerprints so be it.



Yesterday I mentioned the low number of service calls this month. We had a couple since then but I am really pleased with the service that Max has been giving the customers. It's always service with a smile here at Instanta. We like to sort our any problems that arise very quickly and nine times out ten we do. Unlike the wonderful Tiscali Talk Talk. One of my family had their wonderful broadband and TV package installed but has been without any service for days on end. He keeps getting passed to call centres in India and then getting return calls at times when has specifically asked not to be contacted. He knows how to get the service working (by dialling on the land line) but it disappears again within an hour. However, when he speaks to the service centre they keep closing the case as it is working at that moment. He has been tearing his hair out and has asked to cancel. OK say Tiscali but that will be £250 cancellation fee. You couldn't make it up. I think that the Guardian's consumer help might be interested in this one. By emailing capital.letters@guardian.co.uk their consumer team might take it on.




We'll have to hope that Workhouse's brochure is not too good as poor Craig Buckley is overrun with orders at the moment and it hasn't even been published yet. If we get everything out today we will have beaten last year's sales again so, for Instanta Ltd, the recession has certainly ended and long may things continue that way.

I'll close today with the most popular YouTube video of 2010 to date. 2,382,0000 views to date. Who would credit that it would feature Fleetwood town?


No comments:

Post a Comment