Monday 15 February 2010

It's Over



After months of excitement in the run up to son Paul's wedding, it's all over now. But what a lovely day it was for everyone involved. I was so taken with the proceedings that I took very few photos (and only this one of the bride and groom) but hopefully there will plenty of official photos in the next couple of weeks when the happy couple return from honeymoon in Cuba.Over a hundred guests attended the event and it was a great success. Here are a few of my snaps from the day.




Here's Marion with our close friend Jane.



Daughter Sarah with partner Duncan.



Paul's Grandmothers Flo and Ann.



My sister Julie and daughter Natasha.



My brother Peter and his wife Val.


Peter and Val's daughter Lisa with partner Brad.



Friends David and Janet.



Marion with Josephine's mum Jenny.



Being away at the wedding meant missing Northern Area Sales Manager Peter Brindle's 49th birthday. Keen golfer Peter has worked for Instanta for 19 years and is a key member of our personnel having worked his way from the factory floor where he once ran our sheet metal department through a stint as buyer and on to sales.Married to Linda, Peter is a dedicated dad. His eldest, John, married last year whilst daughters Lucy and Katie are still at primary school and are doing extremely well. A very popular man with the customers,Peter has taken on the challenge of our takeover by Zip with great enthusiasm and is determined to make a big success of it.Apologies for the delay Peter but, better late than never, I hope that you had a brilliant day.



Heartbroken on Valentine's Day.

I was really down when I read yesterday's Observer. As always, I turned first to the magazine to read Kathryn Flett's brilliant column. (I used to turn first to her equally brilliant TV review and was disappointed when that ended recently). And what did I read? Yesterday's was her last column. Why has she gone? Where is she going to? Sunday mornings won't be the same again without the humour that she injected into the day. I do hope that her writing continues. If she moves to another Sunday I'll be moving with her (as long as it isn't the Mail or Express of course).

As our retirement is approaching I had better start to think of things to do next year. How about this?



No comments:

Post a Comment