Friday 5 February 2010

Too busy to blog


It's been so busy this week with all the developments following the takeover that I didn't get a chance to write the blog yesterday. But I've just managed to take a quick break to catch up on some of the important things like blogging and completing my predictions for the Guardian Pick the Score Competition.



I've fallen behind in the league recently. I'd like to put it down to the distractions here at work but that would be a bit of a fib. It's really down to lousy forecasting. Mind you whilst my Pick the Scores predictions have been poor I actually managed to win my 8 team accumulator on Betfair last Saturday. It was an extremely cautious one but it paid off and has taken my kitty to almost £900 which is not bad as I started the year at only £100.



Tomorrow Liverpool are entertaining our neighbours Everton at Anfield. It's a 12.45 kick off and I just hope that we can move away from the poisonous atmosphere that has ruined the derby games in recent years. I can remember when reds and blues could go to the game together and enjoy a bit of banter. I would love that to happen tomorrow but somehow I just don't see it.



Marion and I actually found the time to go to Orange Wednesday this week. We went to see Avatar. We felt that with all the fuss we really had to go and see it but I am sorry to say that we just didn't see what all the fuss was about. Yes it is spectacular and yes it is good to look at and very colourful but I have to admit to nodding off a couple of times as it runs for almost three hours and it is little more than an old fashioned cowboys and Indians movie with the cowboys (the humans) as the baddies. If it had been about an hour shorter it would have been OK.

Being at Anfield tomorrow means that I won't be able to watch the wonderful Gillette Soccer Saturday. With pundits like Dean Windass, the show just goes from strength to strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment