Wednesday 11 March 2009

Did You Hear The One About The Muslim With A Sense Of Humour?



Sadly, as you might expect, the powers that be didn't see the joke and long running Iranian children's TV show "Uncle Pourang" has been taken off the air after seven successful years. Why? Well it seems that in part of the show there was a phone-in for the kids and one young caller was describing a new toy monkey that he had been given. The presenter asked "And what do you call him?" "Well my dad calls him Ahmedinejad" came the innocent's response. This was a live show. Whether or not the joking dad is still "live" is probably open to debate. Let's hope that he hasn't suffered like poor Santino the rock throwing chimp in yesterday's blog. Rumour has it that his intelligent planning has been rewarded by having his balls removed.



Liverpool 4 Real Madrid 0. Well I certainly got that one wrong with my prediction of a dour 0-0. We arrived at the pub in time to get a table for the pre match steak and chips too (just). So it was a successful night apart from the poor bloke in the row behind me collapsing onto me during the second half with what looked very much like the man in the advert having a stroke. What was scary was the amount of time it took for a medical team to arrive and the police response to the man's distraught friend who was screaming at the police to do something "fucking" urgently. Totally heavy handed and out of order. Who trains these people? Seemed more interested in the foul and abusive language than the poor bloke almost dying in front of him.



Earlier this month I wrote about the power and success of viral ads a'la Cadbury's eyebrows and T Mobile flash mob. My favourite Radio 4 Today programme sponsored their own ad to see if they could get in on the viral act and this morning it was uploaded to You tube. Sadly it just proves the whole quirky success of virals is that they have to be watchable, pretty short and crying out for you to pass them on to your friends. As I feel that the Today programme is a bit of a gloomy friend to us every morning, I am giving them a bit of support by putting the video here but I somehow doubt that it's going to take off. Sorry John Humphrys and Evan Davies. I wanted to love it.





Here at Instanta we are just finalising the sous vide machines. Now I know that a lot of people think that we are turning into the boys who cried wolf in our seemingly never ending development of this equipment but, as I have said before, this is a major step forward for Instanta and our first ever non-beverage related product. The units have had rigorous field trials and will be available soon. They will be unique in the sous vide market and I feel that they will be met with critical acclaim.



Well I'm off for a swim now and then to the cinema for Orange Wednesday tickets. Marion's busy doing the month end figures for February and tomorrow I'll finalise them and go and jump off the end of the pier. I have been swimming regularly for months now and I have to say that I positively hate it. However I read that men in their fifties who exercise regularly live longer. Maybe better to live shorter and miss out on the swimming.

I'll leave you with a lesson on virals for the Today programme. Quirky, short and amusing (and over 4 million views).




No comments:

Post a Comment