Monday 9 March 2009

Three Cheers For The Mail




Hip pip hooray for the new found enlightenment and liberalisation of the Mail. I was delighted yesterday to find the one time bastion of right wing rhetoric promoting themselves with a free CD compilation of hits from the openly gay Pet Shop Boys which includes the biggest gay anthem of all time "Go West" . Well done. I even went and bought a copy to add to the iPod.I am sure that Richard Littlejohn was over the moon as Middle England edged ever so slightly leftwards.





We had a relaxing weekend as Marion continued her one woman attempt at the Guinness Book of Records for the world record for not spending any money while the credit crunch is on and we stayed in and watched a couple of films on Sky.We pay for the film package but rarely view it so we settled down to "In Bruges" and "Cloverfield". I thought both were great although I am not sure that even the newly liberal Mail would approve of the language in "In Bruges". "Cloverfield" was a sort of Blair Witch Alien and very good too. The surround sound was so big that a vase on the sideboard had moved several inches by the end of the film.



And speaking of drama, poor Craig Buckley and City Servicing had success brutally torn from their grasps in the last seconds of my The Colour Of Money competition. Natalie Drummond (Lil Beast) gave up part of her lunch break so that she could play on the game and at 4.29pm scored £90,000 to pip Craigbybacon and CSL by £5,000 and win my prize before the 4.30pm deadline. Well done Nat although I should have been the winner after playing a £95,000 game and on the final round needing £16,000 to win cheered when I realised that I couldn't lose only for the computer microphone to pick up my cheer and stop the machine at £13,000!



After withdrawing most of my Betfair balance at the end of last year and tying the rest up on Dancing on Ice it's been quiet on the betting front recently but I was pleased to win two small football accumulators and the Dancing on Ice Elimination this weekend which now gives me £170 to start playing with. Have laid my bets on Liverpool for the Premiership as even the most optimistic of fans doesn't expect us to win it. The Champions League remains a possibility though. I am looking forward to going to the Real Madrid match tomorrow purely because I have never seen Real Madrid in my forty odd years of watching the Reds.

I'll leave you with a song for all the leftie Mail readers.


No comments:

Post a Comment