Monday 16 March 2009

Isn't She Lovely?



Congratulations go out to Instanta sheet metalworker Gary Rodwell and his partner Faye who, in the early hours of this morning brought the beautiful little baby Ella into the world. Ella weighed in at just under eight pounds and, I think you will agree, she looks to be a very healthy little girl with a lovely rosy complexion. She has an unmistakeable Rodwell look about her. I believe that mum Faye is doing fine after a pretty eventful day. Good luck to Faye, Gary and Ella. I wish you all the very best.

I am delighted to have been able to report yet another baby girl on the blog. I've been writing this blog for almost twelve months now and I think that we have now had five baby girls to report (or at least their very first birthdays). As a statistician I think that's quite a run. Another of our sheet metalworkers, Kevin's partner is due to have a baby in a few weeks. What are the odds on another girl?



I am on holiday as I write. It was a great start to the holiday as our daughter Sarah (above) came all the way from St Andrews for the weekend and was able to spend a day shopping with Marion in Liverpool and to join us for a meal on Saturday night at the Warehouse Brasserie. It was lovely to see her as,living so far away, our chances of getting together are few and far between. An added bonus for the weekend was Liverpool's performance at Old Trafford which was so comprehensive a win that I regret being off work and unable to join in the inevitable gloating. I am sure that others will make up for me though. And one final bonus was my weekly football accumulator actually coming good for a change and winning me £240 although I did blow some of that when I assumed that the great British public wouldn't kick Coleen off "Dancing On Ice"

Whilst on the subject of TV it was good to see "The Colour of Money" still holding its place in the ratings with almost 4.1 million viewers. It has been launched at a time against the BBC's "Let's Dance For Comic Relief" which has been a huge success and peaked at over 8 million viewers and even managed to knock Ant & Dec off their pole position. Next week "Let's Dance " has finished so we will see if The Colour Of Money" picks up some of their viewers. At 6.30pm on Saturday there were 156 players on the Colour of Money Leaderboard so Instanta will be donating £156 to Comic Relief (we'll round it up to £200). Good to see Mr Aitch up there amongst others.



Have to finish now. Although I am on holiday I was at Instanta at 8-am as I forgot when I listed ten items on eBay the other week that they would all finish whilst I was off work so I had to go in and pack them up and ship them. Fortunately everyone paid so that job is complete. It was quite a good week with the best sale being this extremely old Chinese Imari plate which was bought at an antique fair for £18 and sold for £117.

1 comment:

  1. next time you want to share a photo of me with the world can you make it a decent one?

    ReplyDelete