Thursday 19 March 2009

A Special Birthday



Today I am wishing a very very happy birthday to my wife and business partner Marion. As we are on holiday I have managed to persuade her to take some time off and we are going to go to Liverpool and have a look around the shops and get a bite to eat at her favourite Tapas bar La Vina. Those of you who know her will appreciate that persuading Marion to take some time off working is quite an achievement. Despite being on holiday this week she has single handedly managed to put in hours of work in the garden and, when it gets dark, in the house. Proud mother to daughter Sarah (28) and son Paul (26), Marion married me almost 33 years ago. We met when we were both at school and have been best friends ever since. Which goes to prove that opposites do attract. Marion works hard, I'm a lazy bugger. Marion holds her views passionately,I manage a shrug.My glass is always half full, hers is always half empty (in reality my glass is usually empty whilst hers is usually still full). Marion tends to worry, I tend not to. But we spend many many hours of the week together and I am never happier than when she is around. Have a wonderful day W. Go mad and buy yourself some new shoes, I just saw some green shoots of recovery in Craig's order book when I went into the office to pick up my eBay parcels.



I started to get withdrawal symptoms when I didn't book tickets for Orange Wednesday so I went and got some for "Paul Blart: Mall Cop" which Marion thinks is really scraping the barrel. As I write this,we haven't been yet so I'll let you know but she's probably right. She usually is. I'll keep it short today and finish with a song specially for her.






No comments:

Post a Comment