Wednesday 22 July 2009

Another Day Another Prescription



Having recovered from the near death experience that was Diclomax I went back to the doctor yesterday as the groin strain without the painkillers and anti-inflammatories was really getting me down. So, on the principle that if at first you don't succeed, try, try, try, again the doctor has now prescribed Naproxen. That's another £7.20! Let's hope I use more than the 42p worth of the Diclomax that I managed before being incapacitated with that awful stomach and terrible back pain. Mind you if I ever seek revenge on anyone I've got over 70 extra strong Diclomax that could be put to good use.




Thanks once again to ace Southport photographer Peter Raymond for sending me this photo of the latest atheist bus advert. Very topical, very witty and very true. Thank you Peter.



As I phone my mum she soon points out that I was wrong to say that we were looking for a venue to celebrate Marion's mum Flo's 83rd birthday yesterday. It will, of course, be her 84th. I don't know, they just all seem to blur together. Apologies to my mum. Yes we all know you are younger than Flo (above).



Which reminds me of my latest trip to the doctors (good job I'm on holiday the boss would never give me all this time off).Although I am going for a groin strain, my blood pressure is being checked regularly and I am pleased to say it's really good.The doctor asked if high blood pressure ran in the family and when I said "yes" he asked if it was on my mother's or my father's side. "Neither" I said "It's from my wife's family" "How could your wife's family give you high blood pressure?" he asked.'Have you met Flo?" I asked. (thanks to www.basicjokes.com)



Orange Wednesday today so we are off to Ice Age 3D. Being on holiday we can get to the 11.20 am showing. No doubt we will be the only fifty somethings not accompanied by popcorn munching, coke slurping kids but hey, it's a free world and what else is there to do on a wet Wednesday in Southport. We still haven't seen Bruno. After reading Barbara Ellen's destruction of the film in Sunday's Observer we're not too sure about bothering with it. I really respect her judgment. I also respect that other brilliant writer from the Guardian/Observer stable, Charlie Brooker but wasn't Charlie going a bit far with his rant about Nicky Campbell on "You Have Been Watching"last week? Sadly I can't find it on YouTube so I'll leave you with another taste of Brooker that should give you an idea.Warning. Do not watch if bad language offends.






No comments:

Post a Comment