Tuesday 21 July 2009

Diclomax The Wonder Drug - Not



On Friday evening I was praising the wonders of Diclomax to our friends who joined us for our anniversary dinner. As the groin strain is now into its fourth month and seemed to be getting no better I made another trip to the doctor on Thursday and she prescribed Diclomax. After just two pills on Friday I was like a new man with all the pain gone. But my salvation was short lived and on Saturday I went down with the most terrible stomach upset. I initially put it down to overindulgence on Friday but when it worsened on Sunday I realised that there might be another cause. Sure enough stomach problems are listed in the side effects but oh boy were these bad. I felt as if I had been kicked in the kidneys with a hobnail boot and my whole torso ached so much that I felt that I was on my last legs. I stopped the pills and hey presto the stomach is back to normal and the back pains are on the wane. Only problem now is the groin strain playing up again. Catch 22 really.





We are into the second week of our stay in Britain holiday and yesterday we walked into Southport to check out a venue for Marion's mum's 83rd Birthday. The new Ramada complex on the waterfront was very pleasant and we think we'll settle on afternoon tea there for her and a few friends. The weather was good for once and we found time to sit in the garden when we got back but it's not looking good for the rest of the week.




It'll be another thirty years before Marion's mum reaches the milestone reached by Henry Allingham who sadly passed away on Saturday. Son Paul was once in a TV crew who interviewed Henry and Paul told us that everyone was completely charmed by his outlook on life. Mind you if Flo does make it another thirty years, will me and Marion still be around to sort the celebration out?



One celebration that we are really looking forward to is Paul's wedding to fiancee Josephine. It seems that they have found a great venue. They may have to change the date from 13th Feb to 6th Feb but that's not a big problem and no doubt there's going to be lots of organising going on for the next six months. We hope it all goes perfectly for them. They both deserve it.

I'll leave you with the Gummy Bear Song. This video had been viewed 48 million times. Yes 48 MILLION. Why? Answers on a postcard please.





No comments:

Post a Comment