Monday 27 July 2009

Boys Boys Boys



Here is proud mum Lisa,our store man Tony Lowe's daughter,with little Connor who was born on 30th June. Connor is Tony's second grandchild after Granddaughter Lexie who is now three. After all the Instanta girls reported on the blog it is nice to be able to report a boy at last and rumour has it that whilst Marion and I were off on holiday Assembly Worker Rafa's wife gave birth to another little boy.I'm sure Rafa will fill me in on the details when he's back. Perhaps the tide has turned at last and my worries about the imbalance of the sexes was premature.



Back at work today and we are delighted that once again we have returned to no major upsets a reasonable bank balance,a healthy order book and warranty calls below target. Mind you there is an appointment with the bank manager in the diary for Wednesday. What's that about? Seems she simply wants to introduce a new regional director. Phew.



The Toyota garage phoned to say that the new Prius is available for a test drive so we are going to have a look at it tomorrow. Now that I've resigned myself to life without the Mercedes I'm quite keen on doing my bit for the ecology and will be trying to see if I can match those fuel fugitive people who managed 126mpg.




Artist Cobi Sanders has kindly agreed to me using a beautiful watercolour that we bought from her whilst on the island of Symi for the cover of my novel. Cobi lives on the island of Symi and my novel is about an island based on it. She is a fantastic artist and you can check out her work HERE No I haven't found a publisher but I am going to print half a dozen copies for family and friends at the espresso book machine in Blackwells in London. I've written 52,000 words but I'm pretty sure that's too short to get published. I've emailed a few copies to family but nobody apart from Marion has struggled through it yet so I'll have to be realistic and not fool myself that it's a book people won't be able to put down.

I'll leave today with a song specially chosen for one of my regular readers. I'm not saying who but I'm sure they'll guess!





No comments:

Post a Comment