Monday 20 July 2009

First Trophy Of The Season For The Reds




Switching on the TV at 7pm last night I was amazed to see Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina winning the British Open Golf at Turnberry. If you don't believe me here is his photo. And below is a photo of our new keeper American Stewart Cink who let one goal in as the reds went down 1-0 to Rapid Vienna in a pre-season friendly.




Don't think I was watching the TV for the golf, I switched on for "Priceless Antiques Roadshow" and thought I was watching it as Tom Watson strode onto the screen. Sadly that particular priceless antique failed in his quest for the silver claret jug and my programme was cancelled.



I've had the first review of my novel which is set in a Greek island a bit like this one. Marion tells me that she liked the story but didn't like my preaching style in parts so I spent yesterday attempting to remove myself completely from the manuscript. I got up to Chapter 19. Once I've got through the sanctimony I've been told to add more description so there's quite a lot of work to do yet. I emailed it to a friend who said that reading it made her sick but she was on a train at the time and assures me it was motion sickness.



We had a great time celebrating our wedding anniversary on Friday evening. Our old friends brought us this lovely Swarovski crystal oyster and pearl to commemorate our Pearl Anniversary. Only problem was that we had our Pearl Anniversary three years ago. "never mind" said our friends. 'We didn't get you anything for your pearl anniversary just think of it as a bit late".



I enjoyed listening to my favourite David Mitchell's Desert Island Discs yesterday. It's good to hear someone choosing their eight records without pretension and with genuine reasons for each choice. Some of the music was even amongst my favourites including this one from the Crash test Dummies.





No comments:

Post a Comment