Tuesday 28 July 2009

Hot Pants Nick





After the shock of the near £2,000 electricity bill at home a week or so back, the new Owl Wireless Energy Monitor arrived from Amazon (amazing service it came in under 24 hours). It's really easy to use and Marion and I are now used to sitting in the dark and eating salads having discovered that the lights and the oven are the most expensive appliances to run. Mind you in the week since we set it up we have only used £10 worth of fuel. We have a horrible feeling that the super under floor heating that we installed in the new conservatory extension eighteen months ago is the culprit but it's not in use at the moment. Fortunately the outside lights, which make the garden look so good, are only costing 5p an hour. Not very green though so we'll cut them out in the winter. The bill did prompt us to look for the best supplier and it looks like we can save over £40 per month with E-on even if we don't cut back on usage.


Here's another device that's a big help - my wonderful SHARP ELSIMATE EL-361H solar powered calculator. I've been using this to help with accounts for absolutely years. It must be well over ten years old and it's still going strong- well done SHARP for producing such a reliable gadget.



It's a sad day today when I have finally taken the decision to hang up my boots and call it a day on the football front. I've enjoyed our five a side sessions so much over the last ten years but life now seems to be one injury after another and the groin strain that I suffered in April is still niggling three months later. I may go down and offer my services as a ref now and then but my playing days are over and I have to hang up my boots and shorts.



Which leads me to today's headline. Here's Sales Director Nick proudly modelling his new swimming shorts. You'll notice a burn in a very delicate position. Nick decided to strim his lawn with a new petrol driven strimmer. Having only used an electric strimmer in the past Nick was unfamiliar with the heat created by the motor and was holding the machine with the exhaust pointing directly at his groin. Fortunately he was alerted by a tingling sensation and dropped the strimmer before it caused him irreparable damage. It's a good job those shorts weren't nylon.

I'll leave you with a dedication for Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment