Friday 5 March 2010

Back In The Office




The excitement and glamour of the Hotelympia show is fading to a memory now as we get back to the office and the hard grind. I would class the show as a success in that we had a lot of very positive feedback on the new range, we won a prize for excellence and we got to meet some of our new colleagues from Zip. We had a good quantity of leads.Although the majority of them were from existing customers it was an opportunity for them to see the new features and for Marion and me to say our goodbyes.The show ran without hitch with the only snag being my failure to bring a pair of cuff links. I bought a few posh shirts for the show and didn't realise that they were so posh that there were no buttons on the cuffs. Fortunately Nick (who wears them all the time) had a spare pair. (We must be paying him too much).



Our Zip colleague yesterday was UK Group General Manager Chris Binnie. Chris is a very keen sportsman. He loves a lot of sports but especially enjoys playing cricket and golf. He is a devoted father to son Kieran and tells me that Kieran, who is just four years old is already playing golf. Before I went to Hotelympia I was talking to Chris about driving to the show. I said that I thought I would be driving about 500 miles. Here is my dashboard trip reading for when I arrived home last night. Talk about accurate forecasting!



I mentioned the glamour of Hotelympia at the start of today's blog . If you had seen Marion at 10 last night unloading the car, glamour would be the last thing that you would be associating with the show. She had taken her shoes off during the drive home and her feet had swollen so much from being on the stand that she couldn't put them back on again had to help me to unload wearing a pair of my slippers. And the glamour continued as we sat on the bed and ate a Tesco pasta salad at almost midnight when all the unpacking was finished.



Like Lewis Carroll's whit rabbit, I'm afraid that we have been a bit late with orders this week. We ran down all our stock of the old models last month but unfortunately underestimated demand and, as a few suppliers also underestimated demand we have not been as well stocked as we would have liked and a few customers have had to wait a few days. We always pride ourselves on holding good stocks so please bear with us. Everything is on schedule for us to start getting the new products out within the next ten working days and then we should be back to normal. Apologies if this causes any inconvenience. (Mind you our BSI quoted aim is to get all machine ordered out within ten working days and here I am apologising for doing just that).

Apologies to Paul at Calomax for my calling him Michael the other day on the blog. Where did I get Michael from? (I know where I got it from but I'm not saying. Let's just say I've got a memory like a sieve).

Remember when YouTube was just becoming popular and OK Go and their treadmill song was all the rage. Well, the OK Go boys have done it again and this one is quite spectacular (shame about the song).




No comments:

Post a Comment