Wednesday 31 March 2010

I Saw A Mouse. Where?



Well actually I didn't see a mouse initially, I just noticed that the big unopened bag of bird food in the garage was not unopened any more and quite a lot of its contents were scattered around the floor. As the bird food was on a high shelf, the culprit had to be a rodent of some sort. So, on Sunday evening, I primed the humane mouse trap with chocolate and checked it the following morning. It was shut so I popped down to the park on the way to the office and opened the trap to release ----- a piece of chocolate. Unperturbed I tried again the following night and, once again the trap had been sprung. This time there was no mistaking that I had been successful as the trap was almost rattling with the furious creature inside's frantic activity. So off to the park again and off ran the mouse. I set the trap again last night and once again it was sprung but sadly no mouse (although it got away with some of the chocs). My worry is just how many of the little buggers there are in there. It's been a long cold winter and we've not been in the garage much.I could be taking a lot of mice to the park in the next few weeks(and then I'll take them to the pictures).



As it's Orange Wednesday today, we would normally be going to the local Vue. The choice this time is a no brainer with Kick Ass getting by far the best reviews of the week. But we've been invited to go out to the Eagle and Child in Bispham Green so we'll have to pay full price this week for once and go to whatever colour Thursday is. We got so many gift cards for Vue for Christmas that we could even afford the posh seats.



I went to audition for the new BBC antiques show Antiques Master in Manchester last night. I don't know how I got on although the people who carried out the audition were really nice (and very young). I signed a contract to the effect that I can't write anything about it now.So you won't hear anything else from me about it until I am told I failed the audition or I tell you that the show is being aired.



Here at Instanta we can hardly move for boilers now after having a shortage for a few weeks. We have been working flat out to catch up on a backlog of orders that was exacerbated by the new circuits arriving late at the factory. I really must thank everyone in the factory for the way that they have all pulled together to leave us in a position to fulfil all outstanding orders and get out a huge number of boilers at the end of the month making March 2010 one of our best months ever.

I'll fininsh now as I need to get down to the hardware shop for some more of those humane mouse traps.




2 comments:

  1. These traps are humane, but I've had difficulty catching mice with them. I'm researching other traps and came across the Multi-Kill, which is an electronic mouse trap that kills mice instantly by shocking them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes but killing them is not humance. I managed to catch two later in the week and release them.

    ReplyDelete