Tuesday 2 March 2010

The Sun Shines On Us At Excel



Spring is really in the air here in London with the Excel exhibition centre swathed in brilliant sunshine. This makes a great change to previous years when we have battled the elements to arrive at the show. Perhaps putting the show date back a couple of weeks was a good idea as attendance has certainly been better than expected.




And the sun shone brightly on us as I picked up one of the Caterer and Hotelkeeper awards for excellence. Our sous vide digital water baths won in the ancillary category and I went along to pick up the very nice plaque. It was good to win a prize at our last Hotelympia (me and Marion's that is not Instanta's). That bloke's giving me a funny look in the picture. Perhaps he didn't like the aftershave.




Continuing our daily introduction to some of our new colleagues from Zip, yesterday we were joined by National sales manager Nick Taylor. Based in Yorkshire and married to Louise, keen family man Nick is a proud dad to his little girl Emma who is just 18 months old. Louise is expecting their second child any day now and Nick is waiting for the important phone call to rush to the hospital. He couldn't do much when that call came last time. He was in Australia!



Yesterday we had a double visit from our friends at Zip when London Regional Sales Manager Graham Crisp popped in for a flying visit (quite appropriate as he lives in Biggin Hill).I didn't have chance to have a long chat with Graham but he told me that he is a keen golfer but not very good at it (false modesty I bet).



As I am late uploading the blog I might as well get today's Zip visitor in as well. Marketing Manager Malcolm Townsend has driven up from North Walsham to join us. Malcolm has been with Zip for eleven years. He tells me that he is a keen guitarist and has a collection of guitars at home. He once performed in a duo with his wife doing the singing but he has retired from that now. When he retires from Zip he hopes to take up finger picking banjo using a five string banjo. A nice interest and one that he is clearly passionate about.


I'll close with a dedication to Malcolm.


No comments:

Post a Comment