Tuesday 31 August 2010

Back In The Old Routine






After a very quiet time here at Instanta last week things are back in full swing again today as the factory reopened after the summer shutdown. And bang on cue the sun has come out and I have been driving the car with the sun roof open for the first time in weeks.Sadly for the men here, the sun arrived a week late and nobody has returned looking like they've spent any time on the sun loungers. Oh well. It's a short week and the sun may stay with us until weekend.



With Marion and me into our last ninety one days working at Instanta we are handing over the books to Liz tomorrow to carry out the end of period for August completely on her own. Don't worry Liz we will be here to help if you have any problems. Craig will be doing our monthly return to CEDABOND and a couple of other buying groups and Max will be doing our guarantee reports (all of which leaves me with very little to do). As there will only be three period ends before we go it is important that we make sure that things go smoothly when we have gone so we reckon that three months should be about right. Mind you if the new computer system arrives before we go that might throw a pretty big spanner into the works.



I've been taking Nytol sleeping tablets for a few weeks now. They're available over the counter and they work really well. If I take painkillers before I go to bed I can almost get a full night's sleep but the Nytol give the extra edge of letting me doze off more quickly. However when I went to buy some more from the chemist on Saturday, the young lady behind the counter gave me such an interrogation you would have thought that I had been asking for crack cocaine. How long have I taken them? Am I taking anything else? And so on and so on. The result? I decided not to take either painkillers or Nytol last night. And the outcome? Didn't sleep a ****** wink.



The Times and Sunday Times Internet pay wall has been running for a few weeks now. I never visited either website so I don't know what effect the charges have had. I do know that by logging onto Twitter and following all The Guardian departments that I am interested in I can keep up with the news as it happens. It is a fantastic service and still completely free to use. I am not sure how they make money from it as almost all my favourite pages from the paper are online to read. Of course, being a loyal Guardian reader, I wouldn't dream of stopping my daily delivery but in these austere times, how many will? Just a thought. I hope that their website pays them handsomely as it is a credit to the newspaper.

A couple of weeks into the football season. Charming chaps these football managers aren't they? NB Bad language warning.



No comments:

Post a Comment