Monday 2 August 2010

A Relaxing Weekend

After several hectic weeks at work and at home we managed to get some relaxation on Sunday and had a great day with a morning spent listening to the wonderful Radio 4 (Broadcasting House, The Archers Omnibus,Desert Island Discs (Jimmy Mulville catch it on the Beeb website if you can) and I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue) - a morning worthy of the license fee on its own. And to make the weekend even better we managed to see both our kids. With Sarah living in St Andrews and Paul in London this doesn't happen often but Sarah and her partner Duncan made a surprise visit en route to a holiday cottage in Cartmel on Friday and stayed over for the night. It was great to see them and I hope that they enjoy their cottage break and get a bit of good weather.



As for Paul, we only caught a glimpse of him and his lovely wife Josephine. They went to the broadcast of Stephen Mulhern's Magic Numbers on Saturday evening and Marion spent the half hour after the show finished winding the SkyPlus backwards and forwards until she found them in the audience (centre above). They both seemed to be enjoying themselves and we certainly did too. The show is very light entertainment, the acts are polished and highly watchable and there was some tension at the close when a viewer managed to win a whopping £70,000. Marion and I are going to a broadcast of the show, which Paul developed, in a couple of weeks and we are looking forward to it very much.





Can you spot the difference between our super WB2 steam and water boiler and the other product? You may think it's easy but it was beyond one of our customers (who shall remain nameless). We ran out of WB2 boilers the other day so, when a customer was desperate to source one quickly, we phoned around a load of distributors and found one who was willing to send one from their own stock with us agreeing to replace it for him when we were back in stock a couple of days later. The desperate customer was relieved and extremely grateful when we organised everything for him. But his gratitude and relief were short lived when this other boiler turned up instead. The whole exercise cost about £100 in carriers' fees and made us look a bit stupid.I suppose the old adage "if you want something doing properly- do it yourself" will always be true.



With a little spare time yesterday I had a few minutes on Marion's WiiFit. I haven't used it for some time and expected it to compliment me on my weight loss. But no. The squeaky little voice told me I was out of time for my targets and I still have to lose another two stone. Two stone!I'll look like a skeleton.Just to rub it in my "wii mii" makes me look like Billy Bunter.

I'll close today with the Peckahm Terminator a video that makes interesting viewing on a number of planes and raises a great deal for discussion. Firstly, are bus drivers told not to intervene in arguments? Secondly, do they teach English in schools today? Thirdly, would you catch a bus in Peckham? And finally if you want to exit a bus is this the best way? Oh, and if you are easily offended by extremely bad language, watch with the sound off.












No comments:

Post a Comment