Friday 2 April 2010

A Mouse Free Morning



I went into the garage today and for the first time this week my trap had not been sprung. Earlier in the week I had two false alarms followed by the capture of the first field mouse on Tuesday and a second yesterday.I released both safely in the park at the same place so I hope that they meet up again in some sort of mousy love story although, as one turned left at the gate and the other turned right, it may be some time before their paths cross.They are harmless enough little creatures but they were scoffing all the bird seed and messing up the garage and I didn't fancy them finding their way into the kitchen.




I watched Liverpool last night and thought that they were unlucky to lose after the ref gave Benfica two penalties and sent off Ryan Babel. After months of malaise running through the team and the fans it is good to see the spirit that they have shown in the last two games. It's just a pity about the last twenty. Anyway the 2-1 defeat has set things up nicely for the return at Anfield where I will be joined again by my friend (who for the record is categorically not old) Dave Haworth.It promises to be a good night.



Son Paul's loyalties are divided and he is hoping that Liverpool lose next Thursday as their continual performances in the Europa League are clashing with his show "A League Of Their Own" in which John Bishop (above) is proving himself a popular panellist. As the show has a target audience of young sport lovers, the ratings are bound to be hit when the show comes up against football. The thing is, now that almost everyone has Sky Plus, they can watch both. I certainly did and I thought the show was, once again, very funny.As he has taken a 3-1 lead (I think) in the shows aired so far, it looks like Freddie Flintoff is going to be the champion.



Which leads me seamlessly to the quiz night organised by local accountants Champion. The themed quizzes held a few times each year are always great fun and local businesses are asked to put in a team. Last week the theme was france so we entered. Our team name was "Nous sommes chier et nous savons que nous sommes" but this was quite wide of the mark as the team, comprising me, Marion, sales director Nick, store man Tony and his son Rob ended up in a very creditable second place and if we had taken notice of a couple of Tony and Nick's answers we could have won. I forgot to mention this the day after due to some of life's pressures.



I've been so busy at Instanta this week that I didn't have time to blog (and I had a really good April fool blog planned too). But never mind, the Guardian more than made up for it with one of the best April fools for years. They reported that Labour were cashing in on Gordon's new hard man image and were planning a series of ads like that above. I was taken in after seeing this one but when I got to the Reservoir Dogs one I smelt a rat. Nice one Guardian. Just the right amount of plausibility for a perfect April Fool.

Did you see the touchline spat between Moyes and Mancini the other day? That was nothing. Here's a manager who really wears his heart on his sleeve. I had to laugh at his name - "Playfair".

Have a good Easter.


No comments:

Post a Comment