Tuesday 20 April 2010

Happy Birthday Craig






It's a bit late in the day but I would just like to wish young Craig Mercer from our lathe department a very happy birthday. He's on holiday today so I have had to use an older photo and his lovely little daughter Amelia is a bit bigger than this now. Keen sportsman Craig who joined us almost seven years ago won both our pool and golf tournaments last year and is favourite for a repeat performance in 2010. The weather is fine so I hope that Craig and Amelia are having a great day.



Orange Wednesday this week and there are a few choices. I quite fancy seeing Date Night as I have read that it is very funny but Roman Polanski's The Ghost has got very strong reviews and I think that we'll give it a try.



It has been over ten months since I last dipped my toe in the eBay water. I had no time during the recession and during the time that we were negotiating the sale of the business although I did continue to buy in the interim period and have accumulated a stock of about seventy items. I have prepared listings for ten of these and they will start on Thursday evening. Peter Raymond helped me with the camera settings but I am afraid that the photos are still not great as I used a different monitor for uploading than the one that I first used and there is a slight colour cast.



I didn't go to Anfield last night (along with over 6,000 other regulars it seems with their lowest Premier League attendance for six years). But I did watch the match on the TV and have to say that West Ham put up the most inept and feeble display of football that I have seen from a Premiership side in years. Talk about rolling over and surrendering! West Ham even managed to make Liverpool look good and I can tell you that takes some doing this season.

I'll finish with a song for Craig.



No comments:

Post a Comment