Friday 30 April 2010

My Boiler's Not Working Properly



We had a call from an engineer customer the other day. "I just can't fix my customer's boiler" he said. Although we no longer have a service department we offered to take a look and this mountain of scale was the cause of the problem. This serves to illustrate the damaging effects that limescale can have on a boiler and why we make huge efforts to provide customers with early warning of limescale build up. OK it's a pain to have to keep cleaning the boiler and the probes but it's a lot better than shortening the life of your machine. And if you can't be bothered with all that regular cleaning you can always buy a decent filter.



Regular blog readers might recall that we suffered a night of sleeplessness at the Ramada Bolton a few months ago due to being put in a room immediately above the dance floor on a night that an Abba Tribute band was performing. I asked for our money back but was offered a free night instead. We'll find out if that was a good thing or not on Sunday as there is an antique fair on at Bolton's Reebok stadium on Bank Holiday Monday and by staying at the hotel we can get to the fair early without having to get up at six o'clock. I'll reserve judgement.




I've got eleven items listed on eBay at the moment. It's my first step back into eBay selling since last summer. Because I always start the listings at £0.99 it can be quite nail biting as hardly anyone bids until a few minutes from the close of the listing and until then everything is showing a price that would bring a loss. At least the number of people watching a particular listing can give you an indication that there are going to be a few bidders. Most of my eleven items have between twenty and forty people watching them but this lovely little dish by famous art potter Bernard Leach has a massive one hundred and nine watchers so I have high hopes for it.



It's the last day of the month and I am delighted that the lads in the factory hit this month's production target with a day to spare. Congratulations Tony and Jason for achieving this and to Dave, Gav and Jenny for making sure that it could happen. Sadly we won't hit my sales target on the invoicing side as, although we hit our sales target for orders, for some reason a lot of orders were wanted for delivery in May and not April. But on the positive side, this should give us a very good May.

There's a big event next week. No, I'm not talking about the antiques fair at the Reebok or Liverpool's visit to Hull. I've steered clear of commenting on the election so far but have been itching to put something on the blog. Without wanting Instanta to look partisan and, in the interests of impartiality, here are three short videos that I enjoyed. They rubbish the lot of them.





No comments:

Post a Comment