Sunday 13 June 2010

A Big Plus For The Samsung 8.0




When I got my new Samsung mobile phone I wrote a disparaging blog about it and compared it very unfavourably to the old Nokia. Having lived with the new phone for some time now , I still haven't found my way around its myriad of features and gimmicks but I have found the camera useful (and extremely high quality)and on Saturday I discovered another feature that I'm pretty sure that the Nokia didn't have - it's capable of surviving being dropped into a pond! Yes, whilst doing some gardening on Saturday, the phone slipped from my shirt pocket straight into the pond where it settled in the mud on the bottom. I fished around for some time before finding it and, to my total astonishment, the screen was still lit. I removed the battery quickly and dried the phone with a hair dryer and it's still working. Pretty amazing I think. Well done Samsung.



I took this photo with the phone when I was at the garden centre. When we were younger and Marion and I started doing a bit of gardening, the only ornamental things that you would see at the garden centre would be a couple of gnomes with fishing rods to put on the rockery. But not today. Crawling from the ground were these ghastly lifesize figures. Which begs the question "What was Dobbies garden centre buyer on when he ordered these?" or maybe if they have actually sold some "What was Dobbies' garden centre customer on when he bought one of these". Are they some sort of latterday scarecrow? Or maybe they are bought by people who also look at one of the following and think "Hmm, yes, three meerkats and a bright yellow fox. They would look nice sitting on the patio"





When we were very young.

Marion and I were having a bit of a tidy up around the house yesterday and came across a pile of old photos. Andy Warhol said " everyone would be famous for fifteen minutes" here is ours. We appeared with Kenneth Kendall and Wincey Willis on the TV show Treasure Hunt and successfully guided Anneka Rice to a £1000 prize in the Scottish borders. It seems like five minutes ago but it was over twenty two years in the past.

I enjoyed watching Germany in the World Cup last night. They were excellent. Which is more than can be said about England. I enjoyed the ITV HD coverage of the England game but how on earth did they manage this? After watching the Everton Liverpool derby when a Tic Tac ad popped up while Everton were scoring the winner I thought that was an unrepeatable one off freak incident but I thought wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment