Tuesday 15 June 2010

Our Back Garden Allotment




Our daughter Sarah bought us a patio vegetable garden for Christmas and it arrived last week. We got a huge box full of young plants and Marion has been busy planting as many as possible. It will come in handy for our diet and instead of buying loads of salad ingredients and vegetables, we should soon, hopefully, be able to pop into the garden and help ourselves.



I didn't have enough time to blog yesterday and Wednesday. We are heading for our year end a couple of months early in order to fall in line with the group accounts and this involves a good deal of planning and preparation. Sales of our excellent boilers ,including the super 1500lcd (pictured), continue to grow. We need to bring our processes in line with the rest of the group and as part of this process we will be reviewing our prices earlier than usual this year and will be implementing some price changes on 1st August.Customers will be advised of the impending changes in a week or two.



I'm off down south on Monday. My recruitment process is coming to fulfillment now and Nick and I are planning to interview the top candidates for our new Southern Area Sales Manager position at our parent company Zip's offices in Chiswick. I can't invite candidates until I have the results of some tests that we sent them. I am hoping to see some good scores if I have done my initial vetting properly and am looking forward to meeting four or five of them.

I'm also looking forward to seeing England get back into winning form tonight. In case you have been out of circulation since last week, here are the highlights of their first performance...........in Lego.

No comments:

Post a Comment