Friday 4 June 2010

We're Rooting For The Dog





Having wasted several hours this week watching Britain's Got Talent with the aim of having an enjoyable flutter, it all comes to a head this weekend with the grand final. At the moment the acrobat troupe Spellbound are hot favourites at 2-1 but I have a sneaky feeling that Tina and Chandi (the lady and her dancing dog) might just steal it (remember that Subo was favourite last year but was wiped out by Diversity)and at 10-1 on Betfair the dog lady represents very good value. Britain is dog mad and the dog is extremely cute (and can actually perform) so expect dog lovers in their thousands to start dialling as soon as the lines open. I will win a few pounds if either win but the impressionist will set me back badly.



I am delighted that the new WA5N is selling very well with boilers leaving the factory almost as quickly as we can make them. I wish that the customers would notice that we now have two more models in this range and start taking the WA10N and WA2N but as always, it takes a long time for the message to get across whenever we bring out a new range. Most customers have the new brochure, all they have to do now is read it.



I went on Google images and googled "Benitez" for the following comment on my football team. When Elsa Benitez turned up on the first line I felt that she would brighten the blog a lot more than any picture of Rafa. Anyway, what can I say about Rafa. He won us two cups (both on penalties after coming back from behind), he bought our most talented player for years in Torres and our best goalkeeper in Reina, we played some decent attacking football in 2008-2009. Apart from that he alienated the brilliant Xabi Alonso, insisted on playing the boring and negative Lucas week in week out, managed to turn Dirk Kuyt from a prolific goalscorer into a midfielder, Ryan Babel from centre forward to winger and bought enough duff players to fill two second division teams (and most of them wouldn't get a game in the second division). So Rafa, I know that the fans loved you for Istanbul but, let's face it, you were a bit lucky there weren't you and I,for one, won't be saddened by your departure. Adios.

Weekend beckons. I wonder what to do. I haven't had much exercise lately due to my bad hip but I don't think I'll be following Taig Khris. Jumping off the Eiffel tower for kicks is not my idea of fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment