Wednesday 23 June 2010

Blimey Kirk You Kept That Quiet




Here's Kirk Harrison our welder, the real ale lover and beekeeper who, to every body's surprise, went and got married to girlfriend Gillian on Saturday. Kirk planned the ceremony very secretly as he wanted the minimum of fuss and arrived back at work on Tuesday as normal.He will be taking a honeymoon in the late summer when the happy couple plan to visit Italy to take in some of the culture and, of course, the wine.



Not long now before the fate of the England team is known. It seems that nobody here at Instanta is bothered. We arranged for anyone who wanted to watch the match to do so if they took a very late lunch and stayed on until six fifteen to make up the time but it seems that rumbling stomachs took the better of them and nobody could manage to wait an extra hour and three quarters without eating so I will be watching almost alone. (I'm used to going without food now that I am into the fifth week of my diet). Not sure if I can be bothered as, let's face it, their attitude to the fans and to the management is pathetic. What a load of spoilt brats. If they do come home tomorrow it certainly won't be to a heroes' welcome. I see that the French are in an even worse mess with Thiery Henry being summoned before Sarkozy to explain why the team embarrassed the nation. I would have thought it was obvious. You take a player like Annelka with his track record of petulance and fall outs with both team mates and managers with you and you are asking for trouble.



Nick and I went down to Chiswick yesterday to interview a number of candidates for our new Southern Area Sales Manager position. The interviews went fairly well and we are mulling over our decision. I have to say though that I was disappointed that a couple of the candidates did not even know what we made. You couldn't make it up.



I can here that the match is just starting on the radio. Slovenia at 9-1 to win look like a pretty good bet to me. Oh well I'll finish for now with a girl who will grow up to be a WAG.

No comments:

Post a Comment