Tuesday 10 February 2009

Betfair Manager Markets Like A Proverbial Bus


You wait ages and then two come along at once. I now have the choice to lose my money betting on the next Chelsea manager or on the next Pompey manager. As many of the same names appear on both lists I should be able to lay some of them and at least guarantee not to lose on one. It only seems a few months since these jobs were vacant (it is). Last time I could see absolutely no way that anybody in their right mind would appoint Tony Adams and consequently lost £50 but thought Scolari had a good chance and won about £80. If they drag on, these markets can be great fun but they are just that, a bit of fun, and there is no way that I would risk more than about £30 on each after the Adams debacle.



As the countdown to Paul's show continues we even had to buy the Sun yesterday to add yet another article to Marion's scrap book.If something turns up in the Star I'll have to go to another newsagents or don the type of heavy disguise normally reserved for Naughty But Nice.

Lauren just had an interesting phone call. Caller "Can I speak to Nick please?" Lauren "He's only here Fridays". Caller "OK I'll give him a call on Monday then!"



I was impressed to hear about the new "Men in Sheds" initiative. It seems that Age Concern amongst others are worried about old fellows on their own not getting out enough so they have come up with a scheme whereby all those old men, instead of sitting alone in their sheds at the bottom of the garden, get together in one massive shed and make things. Great idea. I don't know about you but I feel sorry for old codgers. Poor old buggers.Lets have at look at the membership requirements. "For men from 55 upwards". Oh frabjous day.

Have you seen the new 118 ad? They have always been original but this one is just the best yet. If, like, me you loved taking the kids to the cinema to watch Ghostbusters, you will be impressed with a real piece of nostalgia including the legendary Ray Parker jnr and the classic line "I ain't afraid of no goats". Here is the full 2 minute version. It must be brilliant advertising because I certainly can't think of any other driectory enquiry service's number.






No comments:

Post a Comment