Wednesday 11 February 2009

Craig Buckley's Big Day Out




Excitement is mounting in the office as Craig Buckley prepares to go out into the big wide world on his own on Friday as part of his sales training. Craig (25) has five appointments in Liverpool so, if you are one of those who he is paying a visit, please make him welcome. If you give him an order that will be even better. But most importantly make sure you let him get away in time to get back to Southport by 4.30. We don't want to have to start paying him overtime. I have every confidence that Craig will make a great sales person. I can already see Peter and Nick looking nervously over their shoulders (especially as he's driving one of their cars).

It's Valentine's day on Saturday and the Premier League has fortunately got no fixtures (phew). Marion and I will probably have a low key evening with a candlelit dinner (pretty much like every other night then). I was surprised to go into Tesco yesterday and find the aisles full of sexy bras and knickers in a lurid bright red. I wonder how many blokes will be lured into thinking that this is an appropriate Valentine gift for their loved one."A pair of bright red knickers and a bra from Tesco darling how thoughtful. What time's Corrie on?" I am pretty sure that if I bought them for Marion I would be wearing them very tightly wrapped around my neck. Stick to chocolates lads.


(Not a Tesco bra)



Even more excitement about Paul's game "The Colour of Money" with the news that toys and games company Drumond Park has become the first licensee to make games associated with the programme. The licence will include an electronic board game, handheld electronic game, travel, card and board games, plus an interactive DVD television game and table top electronic game. A selection of products will be available at retail outlets from July onwards. I also imagine that there may be opportunities to play the game in pubs. So if you ever play it, think of Paul.



I've just been down to the cinema to pick up tickets for this week's Orange Wednesday. This week it's "Doubt" as "Bolt" doesn't start until Friday. I somehow "doubt" it will be quite as much fun but hey for £4.50 who's complaining? We've now been to the cinema every week this year for the grand sum of £32. Long live Orange!



I listed a pile of stuff on eBay again this week. I particularly like this good Japanese charger dating from around 1850. I am hoping for reasonable prices after the relative success of a week or two ago.

Finally I'll leave you with Stephen K Amos, the latest victim of Prince Harry's racism. "You don't sound like a black man" said Harry. What did we do to deserve our Royal Family?




No comments:

Post a Comment