Friday 20 February 2009

Could Instanta Go Viral?

When I mentioned the Cadbury's eyebrows ad on the blog the other day I was contributing to the success of viral advertising. People watch something, enjoy it, and pass it on to others just like a virus (apart from the enjoying bit).



So I wondered how could Instanta benefit from this phenomenon? Once you've made your ad it's brilliantly cheap to get it circulated. So I've started with the ad. It's scripted, story boarded and all I need now is someone with a video camera and permission to use the music. Ok. Here goes to the tune of In The Navy by the highly appropriate Village People



With Instanta.



You can make a cup of tea.




With Instanta



Or perhaps a nice coffee



With Instanta



You might Sous Vide some trout.



At Instanta



It's where this lot hang out.




They need you. They need you. They need you



For a cup a soup.

OK You get the idea.

I was devastated yesterday to miss blogging. I'm sure that my reader was too. Problem was something got in the way - work. Yes, I spent all day (apart from a brief interlude with the charming Mark & Heidi from Workhouse) slogging away trying to balance the accountant's draft accounts with our own nominal ledger. I gave up at 4.30pm and went home. Stuck the figures on the home computer and solved the difference in about ten minutes. There's something to be said about working at home. No distractions of everyone playing The Colour of Money on the Internet where there are now five Instanta staff in the top ten. They all think that they could qualify for my £100 prize but little do they know that the bloke with £600,000 is a regular blog reader.

And speaking of accounts. We'll be paying £7,500 for the privilege of some figures that differ from the original ones by about three hundred quid. I can't criticise the accountants as they are great but why do the bank need audited accounts when they are no longer compulsory. I could have employed another ten full time workers for that £7500 (sshh don't tell the immigration people).

I'll finish today with another mega viral success the T Mobile flash dance. Although I have to question how successful it was as I was searching for "02 Mobile flash dance" on You Tube looking for it. And if you aren't tuned in to ITV at 6.35pm tomorrow, you're no friend of mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment