Monday 13 April 2009

11 Million Viewers. Hats Off To Simon Cowell



I have to say that Easter Monday has turned out to be a perfect day. I managed to find time to read a book from cover to cover which was wonderful. I love reading but hate reading in installments one chapter at a time. So consequently I read nothing all year but when a holiday comes up I can devour books with a hunger that feeds on itself. Today's book "The Surgeon Of Crowthorne " is a fascinating tale about the creation of the Oxford English Dictionary and the contributions made by an American certified lunatic . Beautifully written by Simon Winchester the book also describes how the enormous work was only made possible with the help of scores of dedicated volunteers, of whom the mad doctor was just one. Which goes to show there's nothing new under the sun. Wikipedia is an online re-creation of the same principle. A WikiOED would make for a very interesting project.



Logging briefly onto Facebook I just read that our super customers Dave & Amanda Sweeney from City Servicing celebrated their 19th wedding anniversary at the weekend. I know that Dave and Amanda met during their schooldays and I hope that theirs is a marriage that continues to run and run. You couldn't meet a nicer couple.



Back to the airport again tomorrow evening to collect Sarah from her visit to my mum's in Spain.Let's hope that the weather has been as glorious for her as it has been here. Marion has volunteered to go to John Lennon so that I can watch Liverpool v Chelsea. I don't know if that's a treat or a punishment. I can't remember us being in a similar position but with Torres on form, who knows? A couple of early goals and anything could happen.



Yesterday I mentioned over 8m people watching Britain's Got Talent. I underestimated by some way. The figure peaked at 11.8m. That's a massive audience share of over 50%. Hats off to Simon Cowell. If the popularity of the show doesn't need stressing I just noticed that no less than 22 of the 23 most viewed videos on Youtube today are snippets from Britain's Got Talent with an amazing 1.014 million having viewed the Susan Coyle clip posted on the blog yesterday. If we could just get a fraction of those visitors on the Instanta website we could fly through the recession. Maybe we'll start "Instanta's got talent". We could start with Tony Lowe's amazing transformation into metalset adhesive.

Or maybe we could come up with a scary computer game.










No comments:

Post a Comment