Tuesday 21 April 2009

BNP Members Are Oddballs & Compulsive Liars- Official



I am grateful to the Guardian for reporting that a BNP internal guide for senior activists which was leaked to the anti-racist group Searchlight says that some BNP members are"oddballs", "Walter Mitty Characters", "Compulsive Liars" and "born troublemakers" . Nothing we didn't already know but great to see the party making the admission in their own training manual. They are expected to win seats in the European parliament in June. Our reputation in the rest of Europe is already pretty bad. God help us if any of them get in.



I just had an attempt at ripping me off on eBay. I listed these great antique cups and saucers by the famous Meissen porcelain factory and was very pleased when they sold for £365.99 to a bidder in Germany called Udisse. My delight was soon shattered when Udisse emailed me to say that there had been a mistake and he couldn't pay. I therefore cancelled his bid and made an offer to the person just below who bid £355.99. She replied that she would be happy to buy them but would now only offer 120 euros. Now I don't know about you but if I was prepared to bid £355.99 for something at 12 noon and was then offered it at 10pm for the same price, I might be a bit suspicious but still want the item and maybe make an offer of say £300 but 120 euros? This means that both the high bidder Udisse and the under bidder Correge both made mistakes. This has happened to me before and last time I fell for it and accepted the much reduced offer but it seems to be an elaborate ploy to wreck the auction by scaring off other bidders by pushing the price right up and then cancelling the bids and trying to get it cheap. Be warned.



Apologies to Natalie Drummond who I overlooked when mentioning Instanta's Everton fans on Sunday. Nat is such a fanatical blue, her first question on reading yesterday's blog was "what was Sir Alex jumping up and down about?"



I am hoping for good weather tomorrow as I am going to have a try out with my metal detector for a couple of hours. It's a great hobby but I don't get a lot of chances to do it. The Guardian recently highlighted a reader's story about finding a fabulous iron age gold torc which ended up in the British Museum. Of course this drew the usual letter of complaint from someone who said that the finder was wrecking the country's archaeology. So the British Museum has a magnificent artifact on show from a field which previously had no significance or historical interest and the finder gets slated! There are millions of fields in this country. Most contain nothing but some do and unless they are know historical sites it is only metal detector users who are going to discover them. Give us a break.



Off to Anfield soon. I am pleased to see that Arsenal seem to have a few injury problems. Sounds a bit disingenuous of me but we need every point between now and the end of the season. And if we score let's hope that our goal celebration is better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment