Sunday 26 April 2009

Britain's Got Talent. Diversity Show Susan Boyle There's No Room For Complacency

I complained that, on the evidence of last week's show,Britain definitely hasn't Got Talent but faith was restored at the very end of this week's episode when dance troupe Diversity took to the stage and wowed the audience and the judges with a performance that was slick and entertaining. After an hour of absolute dross in which a little girl who sang in a posh voice was the sole highlight, Diversity (whose name sounds like a team from the Apprentice) stole the show. Watch out Susan Boyle. It may not be a one horse race and , purely in betting terms, Susan could be the lay of the year. Here they are so you can judge for yourself. I can see them going down a storm with the great British public.



Speaking of lays of the year. I had a small accumulator bet which included a win for Manchester United yesterday. At half time with United 2-0 down I was absolutely delighted and never has a £40 win been less appreciated in my entire betting career. I blame the ref. That was never a penalty. I've just been looking at the fixtures and Liverpool can make them sweat for a few weeks yet as long as we keep on winning.



Son Paul was at Covent Garden last night for Il Trovatore which was a birthday treat for his fiance Josephine. I hope that the performance was better than the ones I have seen reviewed this week which were patchy at best.



I had a go at Plane Stupid a few months ago as I thought that their blocking the runway at Stanstead was, well, plain stupid but having read today's Guardian report on member Tilly Gifford's experience of police undercover incentives, I'm going to join. It could be a nice little earner. After all, to quote the cops, "UK plc can afford more than twenty quid".




If, like me, you enjoy politics and you enjoy a laugh, you must listen to The Now Show on Radio 4 Saturday at 12:30pm. I've always been a fan of Steve Punt and Hugh Dennis but they have excelled themselves lately with some superb comment on the current situation. Mind you, Gordon Brown, Jacqui Smith and Alistair Darling have made their lives easy recently. Today's Labour party must be a comedian's dream.




Do you remember when Queen were rock icons and Freddie Mercury became infamous for having a notoriously promiscuous gay sex life? I've just seen an advert for a free Queen CD with, wait for it, The Mail On Sunday! After The Pet Shop Boys a few weeks ago it doesn't come as a great surprise but what's next week's freebie? Elton's Greatest Hits or a dvd of Brokeback Mountain? Right on Mail newspaper group. That's right the ones who employ Graham Poll, who single handedly made English referees a world laughing stock by booking a player twice without sending him off at the World Cup, as an informed "columnist".

At least here's one decision that he got right. (Honest!!!!!)









No comments:

Post a Comment