Saturday 4 April 2009

A Matter Of Life And Death? - No It's Much More Important Than That



To borrow a famous Bill Shankly phrase the Guardian Pick The Score weekly rankings are of great importance in the Instanta office. I spent half an hour poring over form this morning and came up with Arsenal 1 Man City 0, Blackburn 1 Spurs 2, Bolton 2 Boro 0, Hull 2-Pompey 2, Newcastle 0 Chelsea 1, West Brom 0 Stoke 2 and West Ham 1 Sunderland 0. That's a very respectable 8 points from seven games . So I go onto the Guardian website to check I put them on right and what's this? I didn't place them. I remember now, I was placing my weekly Betfair accumulator in a different screen and forgot to go back and press the send button. AAAGH. Oh well there's always the Sunday scores to try and redeem myself. As for the accumulator. Well seven of the eight have won and that just leaves Liverpool v Fulham where I have gone for Liverpool or a draw. But if I do win it won't take away the disappointment of Pick The Score failure.



I watched the Grand National. We aren't into horse racing but the Instanta sweepstake raised a bit of interest. My reaction to the race was "Ouch". It looked extremely painful with so many fallers. Our horses came nowhere but I will be interested to see who had the 100-1 winner and if they backed up their sweep ticket with a flutter.



So huge crowds turned up for Jade Goody's funeral. Whilst the show of public grief was not on the scale of that for Princess Diana it was clear that she was taken into the hearts of thousands with a life and death that turned into a reality show with a bitter ending .

No comments:

Post a Comment