Sunday 5 April 2009

Which Came First? The Chicken Or The Egg Or The Hair?



I was cooking a couple of poached eggs yesterday and, as I broke one egg into the poacher, I found a long human hair in it. I don't know how it got there. It's a complete mystery but it's true.I have been wracking my brain to think if I just made a mistake and I somehow transferred one of Marion's hairs to where I was cooking but no, I broke the egg into the plastic microwave poacher (£4.99 at Lakeland) and the hair was on the top. I searched the internet for other examples but the closest I could find was an Australian who found this Gecko in an egg.





Great stuff from Liverpool yesterday with Yossi's last minute goal. That meant I got seven of the eight results correct in Saturday's Guardian Pick The Score in the one week that I forgot to transmit the forecasts. At least I remembered in time to get a point for Liverpool but Tony Lowe is probably a mile ahead now. Yossi's goal meant that my accumulator bet came good for once with a £95 win but having wasted a few hundred pounds on the World Cup qualifiers it just means I have clawed a bit back and I am about £140 down in the year to date.



We are really looking forward to seeing our daughter Sarah today as she makes a brief stopover en route to visiting my mum in Spain. As Sarah lives in St Andrews we only see her a few times a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment