Friday 8 May 2009

Instanta's Got Talent



Peter Brindle disobeyed orders and beat almost all the customers in the CEDABOND golf tournament which was played here at Celtic Manor on Wednesday under Stableford rules. He scored 34 points and came second. Well done and congratulations to Peter who was flattered to win a superb cashmere golfing jumper in size medium.



We're going to be watching "Britain's Got Talent" with great interest on Saturday as one of our waiters at last night's dinner told us that he is on the show. He is not allowed to tell us how he got on but from his body language I'm pretty sure that he did well. He told us that he sang "Nessun Dorma" (echoes of Paul Potts) in a very "different" voice. Marion and I got two signed CEDABOND menus from him just in case he's the next big thing.

Someone called iwebie.com sabotaged the blog yesterday because I used a photo from their site without permission. Sorry iwebie.com. There are millions of photos of Chelsea on the net. Why did I have to choose that one? Anyway I can't get on the Instanta site this morning so I hope that's got nothing to do with it. I'll have to be more careful with copyright in future.



The Guardian Pick The Score Competition is coming to a head now with just three games left. It looks like Tony Lowe in our stores is going to win the prize on offer to staff who joined in and there is a keen battle developing between Dave Horrocks and Nick for second and third place with Jenny and Peter Brindle coming up on the rails. In the other league which is for staff and friends Simon Smith from Dunk Ink is making a good showing as too is Mark Jones from Workhouse marketing who has been neck and neck with me most of the season but is now pulling ahead. It's a great game and we'll miss it when it finishes.

I'll have to finish now as I've got to go and get the big Chinese vase from the auctioneers.

No comments:

Post a Comment