Wednesday 20 May 2009

You Really Have To Hand It To Samsung

Regular blog readers will know that I am a big fan of YouTube and today there is yet another viral video at the bottom of the blog. And once again it's been done by Samsung who are beginning to corner the market for mega viewed virals. Remember the sheep and the awesome computer? They were both by Samsung and today's video is a sort of observation test. I didn't solve it but you can click on the link after watching to see how it was done.What strikes me about these videos is firstly the millions of views that they have had, secondly the short time in which they have had them and thirdly their originality with each being completely different. I hope that they get the success that their energy deserves.






The dire holiday weather continues giving us plenty of time for relaxation. We went to the Tate Modern in Liverpool yesterday to see the new Colour Chart exhibition but I got the dates mixed up and it doesn't start until next week so we had a look at the sculptures instead. As always at Tate Modern you like some, you hate some. I had to smile in one gallery. Before going in you put on a pair of headphones . You then entered the gallery through a curtain to find subdued lighting, loads of interesting statues and...... a dance floor. On switching on the headphones there was a continuous track of disco music. The dance floor throbbed with colour and there was an invitation for visitors to have a dance but no-one was taking the invite up. Instead they were all looking slightly bemused with the odd swayer amongst them. I thought this gallery was brilliant. I think anything that raises a smile is brilliant.



Which would make "In The Loop" which we went to see after the Tate visit, doubly brilliant as it raises a multitude of laughs. Actually I thought it was very very good but not as good as "Coraline" on Monday. I must say that Picturehouse at FACT in Liverpool is a super cinema. This was our first visit and we enjoyed a nice cup of green tea made with an Instanta 1500 boiler before being seated in a 48 seater cinema where the seating comprised twenty four two seater settees all at ground level.Great for couples but I'm not sure I'd be keen on sharing a sofa with a stranger if I went alone. A big screen too for only 48 seats.



As I write, Marion is catching up on "Lost". She's got six episodes recorded so that will keep her busy for some time. I gave up on it several seasons ago as I have never known a more appropriately titled show. I was "Lost" after episode two but I think that everyone must be by now. I can imagine the writers siting round a huge table writing ideas and throwing them into the centre. The directors then collect them all up, throw them in the air and when they land that's it, the finished article.Meanwhile we've still got seven episodes of "The Wire" that we haven't started to watch yet.



For the last 50 years I have managed to convince myself that I have naturally yellow teeth. But that all changed recently with the acquisition of a Phillips Sonicare toothbrush. My teeth are not yet pearly white but are certainly many shades whiter than they were three weeks ago. This toothbrush is amazing. Buy one.

I spoke too soon yesterday when I said Freddie was a good restorer. I picked up the nude this evening to put her in the right place. And the top of her head came off.

An email from Jenny reports a big figure for today's orders and a small figure for today's overdraft or was it the other way around?

Here's that Samsung video I told you about earlier.



2 comments:

  1. Hi John

    That's spooky. Sue and I went to Glasgow yesterday and visited the Yo! Sushi restaurant in Silverburn shopping mall. Spooky thing is that I also had a cup of green tea made from an Instanta boiler :)

    Jim
    Coffee Plus

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're clearly a man of impeccable taste Jim.

    ReplyDelete