Saturday 9 May 2009

Preparing For The eBay Sale Of The Century

It's pouring with rain here in Southport today so ,inspired by the magnificent Chinese vase I picked up from the auctioneers yesterday, I decided to get to grips with my eBay stock and start photographing it. I've done very little selling but quite a bit of buying lately and the office is starting to overflow with stuff. So I knuckled down this morning and took over 175 photos. Here are some of the Canton Famille Rose vase which I think is fabulous and don't really want to sell.









It's fabulous isn't it?

And here is a quirky vase by one of the Amphora potteries.



And a great little Chinese teapot from around 1750


And some bowls and a saucer from one of the Liverpool potteries.


A huge Worcester beer jug c1780. Benjamin Franklyn took one of these home to the USA and wrote glowingly about its quality. 


This is a great Chinese bottle from around 1740. It's been slightly shortened but it's still a fine item.


Anther quirky item is this French faience cow cigar holder


And this interesting Japanese imari deity Juroujin



Although it spurred me to do the photos, one sad thing about the rain is that Lauren's mum is having a birthday
barbeque this evening and it looks like it will be ruined. I know that Lauren and her mum and dad all know how to enjoy themselves so I'm pretty sure that Kathy will have a great time whatever the weather. I do hope that the sum comes out at some time for them.

Don't forget to look out for our soprano waiter in tonight's "Britain's Got Talent". Maybe I'll be selling his autograph on eBay this time next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment